How do i get my 6 month old to sleep through the night?? she was sleeping through the night but she got sick a month and a half ago and wont sleep through the night now

Babysmamahere

Asked by Babysmamahere at 12:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• keep her up and active during the day lessen nap time and soon hopefully she will stay asleep through the night for you
    juliansmommie23

Answer by juliansmommie23 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Maaybe she is teething. My daughter went through a couple of rough times when she got her first two teeth then a few months later her next two teeth and now at ten months shes going through it again. She has a few weeks where she wont sleep through the night. It isn't uncommon for babies to not sleep through the night though. There are alot of two year olds out there don't sleep through the night yet. Every child is differnt and they will go through fazes periodiclly when their sleep patterns change, their eating habits change and so on and so on. Don't worry, good luck.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Sadly, she'd probably have changed the schedule anyway because that's just what they do. Pick up a copy of "The No Cry SLeep SOlution." It'll help.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Well, after you've ruled out the teething thing, you'll just have to get tough. I know moms don't like to do this, but sometimes you just have to let'em cry. She's used to you getting up and rescuing her from the crib whenever she wants now. You have to let her know it's not time to be awake. The first few nights, go in there, lay her back down, tell her it's sleep time, kiss her and leave. I know she's only 6 months, but I promise you she will get the hint after a while.
    dupreemommy

Answer by dupreemommy at 7:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2008