My husband has not agreed to have our second child yet. Any suggestions to get him on board?

Our son is about to turn two. I really want to have another baby so that they are close in age. My husband is not ready yet. He says it is financial, but we have a ton of money in savings and have no real debt. Does anyone have any suggestions to get him on board?

mollyjotx

Asked by mollyjotx at 12:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Maybe he wants full nights of sleep and no more poopy diapers?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I feel your pain. DH and I always agreed on 2 kids, but ever since DS was born (17 months) he says he doesn't want anymore. I am not ready yet, I want to wait another year or 2, but I still want one. I decided not to push the issue. The more I push the more he closes out the idea. I would suggest you do the samething. You dont want to have another child if one of you isn't ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I'm with the above poster, if he isn't ready it's wrong to force him into it. He may end up resenting the child or the pregnancy. Perhaps there is a common ground that you guys can meet on, I know the feeling of wanting to have kids close in age but what is the harm of waiting another year? Talk to your DH and explain how you feel, but also try to understand how he feels. It's great that you want another child, but don't forget that his feelings and concerns are valid and important in his mind.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I feel your pain, my daughter is 2 in November and I have got baby fever bad. My husband says that he's not ready for another one . . . financial stuff . . . blah blah. The way I see it, he'll be ready by the time 9 months rolls around. Ha ha. I remember when I got pregnant with our daughter, we were not ready on any level, but the closer it got to her arrival, things just fell into place like it was meant to be. Hang in there, I guess I don't have any advice, just mutual understanding.
    natalieshann0n

Answer by natalieshann0n at 10:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• the only thing i can think of is time let him get everything down pack with this baby and after a while he should come around one is enough to keep him busy for the time being
    mrs.hull

Answer by mrs.hull at 3:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008