my friends DD is 6 months old with Fever, cold and diahreah(she is formula feeding no more BF)

she is sick and has a fever, diahreah and cold. She isnt Breastfeeding so i think part of her baby being sick is because she stopped. I dont know how to help her, she wants to give her water to keep her hydrated. i told her No, and told her to google natural home remedies for a baby. idk, i want to help but i dont know. im a crunchy mom, i dont use medication, i bf. She is giving her tylenol and she wont sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• tell her to give her pedialyte water for hydration n get a vaporizer for her cold n for the diareah aint much u can do at that age n for fever infant tylenol is good n a bath wit childrens baby soothin body wash well help her sleep good luck
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would tell your friend to call the babies doctor. Even after hours they can give you better advice than you can get from us
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Tell your friend to call a nurse line. She can also give the baby a pedialyte. When my son has a cold, I give him a bath before bed, rub children's vicks on his chest and back, and I use a cool mist humidifier in his room. The bath before bed and vicks always seem to help him sleep better.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Stopping breastfeeding is not going to make a child sick. What your friend needs to do is give her child Pedialyte and take her child to the pediatrician.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:34 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree about the nurse line/doctor. Call, because with a fever, it could be a bacterial infection that requires antibiotics. I'm not a big proponent of antibiotics, but they do have their place.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Plenty of liquids is good, including formula....tylenol and ibuprofen to keep her comfy...saline drops for the nose, and if I were her, I'd take the baby to the doctor, just to make sure.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I say head for the pediatrican. Breast Milk ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I fed all 3 of my little peeps for 1yr 3 mo. each. They deserved the best! I just didnt lactate, I lactated butter milk, oh it was so thick.
    Michellela331

Answer by Michellela331 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2010