A double tooth?

My middle son, Topher (age 3), has a double tooth. His front *thinks* left (? too tired to check!) tooth is extra long across, with a small split on the bottom, as if it were supposed to be 2 seperate teeth that came in connected at the top

I was wondering if anyone else had a child with such a baby-tooth, and if their "adult" tooth in the same place grew in that way as well. My only other experience with a double tooth was an ex of mine had one, but it was his adult tooth, and his mother didn't remember if his tooth had been that way as a baby, and all of the baby pictures of him had been stolen by his grandmotherSo, anyone?? :)

Edit: well HELLO run on sentence of DOOM. moved to preschoolers.

LizzieyTish

Asked by LizzieyTish at 12:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter has a tooth that is fused together like it is a double tooth. My sister is a dental hygentist and had a name for it... can't remember sorry! She was very excited about it. She said I had to save it because they are "special" teeth?! It runs in my husband's family. I guess he had one when he was a baby but doesn't now. (his mother saved his too!) Her's is different than you are describing though. Her's is fused at the base and splits at the top. I don't know if that makes a huge difference?
    mimismommy

Answer by mimismommy at 2:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My daughter had two of these! :) Her adult teeth came in just fine, although it took much longer than normal and the dentist wondered if we would have to pull them. It does have a genetic basis.... ours is due to hypophosphotasia but it can be due to other genetic markers. Special little teeth!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:13 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• And if anyone was wondering what I mean by a double tooth, here is a link. :P

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mopkc5&s=4

Seeee? :D
    LizzieyTish

Answer by LizzieyTish at 9:16 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My daughter has a fused tooth in the front on the bottom row. It looks just like a normal tooth just wider, with no split. The dentist said it should be fine when it falls out and will more than likely be replaced with two grown up teeth.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2008