how long would you wait in a doctors office before you said something?

my mom came with me and my twins to a doctor app. today for one of them and the appointment was at THREE. we were finally called back at 3:10. the nurse saw us for a fewminutes and left us in their tiny little room baking in the sun it was like 90 degrees and the window would NOT open. we didnt see the doctor until around 415! we were about to say something when she walked in.
the worst part was my boys are 1. the room was small. it was NOT baby proof. (cabnits trash etc) oh and the floor was FLITHY. made me regret letting them play with the toys they had there.

so how long would you sit around before you said something?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• 45 min to an 1hr depending on the wait, etc.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:35 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• 45 min is my limit.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• usually i get really upset if we have not been seen at least in the waiting room after 30 minutes of sitting and waiting to get back to the doc area.(i go to front desk and ask how much longer..i'll even wait maybe 45-50 mins).then once we are back there were usually in and out quickly...depending on the exam..ect..
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Wow, for a regular office exam, that should have been a 15 min wait in the waiting room and a no more then 10 min wait in the exam room. Unless you where at an urgent care center, I have waited there with a kiddo for up to 3 hours. But, sounds like this was just a regular appt for your kids. Next time, if there is a next time, demand at the time of the nurse bringing you guys back, that the dr will be there within a certain amount of time...I havent been there, except urgent care, but in a regular drs ofc thats what I would do.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:41 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Around 30 minutes I'll ask the receptionist how far behind the doctor is running.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I will wait about 30 minutes
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 1:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• for me about 45 also
    mexicanmommy619

Answer by mexicanmommy619 at 1:55 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• after about 15 minutes of that I'd have found the nurse and gone back to the waiting room, which I am sure had more to occupy the kids, space to walk, etc and let the nurse know where to find u. that wait time w/ twins entirely not acceptable
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• 30 minutes in my limit. i will not sit for anylonger then 30 minutes in a tiny little room not child proof trying to keep my child calm and quite without saying at least something after 30 minutes.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• 30 minutes is as long as I would wait, especially when our boys were little.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2010