refusing to sleep

22month old throwing fits and is seeming scared to sleep for the past week/2 weeks. About 2 weeks ago she had might terrors for 3 nights in a row....i didn't know they were night terrors and made them worse by tryinhg to console her during them....they lasted a long time. Ever since they happened she has been affraid to go to bed....needs lights on and all. they say it is rare to remember what happened in a night terror, but if she did and this is what is keeping her up what can i do? She has alway loved going to bed with her "big girl" pillow and blanky, but now wants nothing to do with any of it.....just got her to sleep at midnight!!! She has always been a 730pm or earlier sleeper.......WHAT DO I DO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ok im not sure if u believe in spirits or not but my son at 2 yrs old started acting like that outa nowere he would refuse to sleep in him room cryed bloody murder everytime we tryd lieing him in bed.. he would yell in a terrified voice..i would ask wats wrong n he wuld say mean lady mean lady..till one night bout 2 in the morning me n husband heard on the baby monitor wake up baby a womans voice i ran to the room n he was screamning his head off his blanket on the floor he say mean lady again..so finaly we went to our church n told the father wat was going on he came to bless the house n it helped a lil bit but she kept coming around n she was mean to him one morning he woke up wit scratches on his back n i told my husband thats it were moving..but listen to her she culd hear or see someting in her room...well good luck mommy take care
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 1:45 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Are you sure her 2nd molers are not coming in? sounds like teething
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 1:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• omg sandi!! I think I'm gonna have nightmares. Poor baby
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• sandi.....we have had that problem as wel.....this one started at my dads house with the night terrors.......there is something there. We did some remodeling in his house and upset something.......didn't want to think it attached to her and came with us but who knows. teething isn't the option, she has all of her 2 yr old molars already....she got them in WAY early. Think I'll all the doc this am and see what they think.........And sandi....if it can touch him (scratches) it's not a "mean lady".....try more like DEMON.......do some research and see what/who you can find to help.........
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2010