Any Dr.'s/Nurses please help....or anyone who has this problem too.

I have pain in my hip. It hurts to the point that I don't want to get up and move around. If I have to walk i have to put almost all of my weight on my left leg (it doesn't hurt) and walk with a limp. I'm insured, but I don't want to go in and have them be like...um stay off of it! I have degenerative disk disease and arthritis in my lower back. Could this be causing it? Is this something completely on it's own? The pain is more in my groin area, but it's not my muscle. It's more of the actual joint that is causing the pain. Sometimes if I can 'crack' my hip it feels better, but not for long. Can anyone help me and explain what this is?

kimbercase26

Asked by kimbercase26 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Health

• If you have arthritis, swelling in your joints and inflammation causes the pain. A few things you can be sure to do is to 1. take tylenol and motrin, 2. drink plenty of water, 3. exercise. Specifically, do some light weight training to strengthen the muscles that support your back and hips. This will give you less pain. Also consider seeing a chiropractor and get your primary doctor to referral you to physical therapy. The physical therapist can suggest some exercises to do.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 1:42 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Thank you cdgolilocks! I do take tylenol, but it doesn't really help. It looks like i'm making an appointment in the morning to see the dr. YUCK! :(
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 1:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Tylenol is not generally an anti inflammatory. Try aleve. I used to take two in the morning, and two at night. My mom has degenerative disk disease, and she has a pinched nerve... (Her sciatic nerve) which causes that same discription of pain... (No cure though, so hopefully you don't have it) I have that same feeling in my knees. It could have something to do with your posture. Do you sleep on that side at night? Have you tried sleeping with a pillow between your knees so your legs are properly aligned? As a Nurse Aide, I learned quite a few positions that you are supposed to sleep in, that most people don't do. And it really does make a difference in how you feel the next day.
    Mummyofone

Answer by Mummyofone at 2:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Does Aleve have asprin in it? I'm G6PD deficient...what ever that means..lol they told me I can't have asprin. I sleep on my back with a pillow under my legs, durning the night I might switch to my stomach. My leg does go numb on the top part of my thigh, not sure if this has anything to do with it either. My feet and calves go numb all the time now too. I'm only 28 years old and I feel like my body is falling apart. :(
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 2:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If you can afford it go to a chiropractor, they work great at helping you get back to good health and costs way less than doctors. I also use products from a wellness company that have helped me stay healthy for 3 years now and have saved me so much on visits to the doctor and RX's.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 2:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• do you know what a chiropractor can do for my leg though? I went to one for my back, and it helped temporarily.
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 2:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2008