How can I get my 1 year old to drink her milk out of a sippy cup?

I'm working on switching her from formula to milk which is going fine in the bottle, but as soon as it's in the sippy cup she won't touch it, formula either. I've tired it warm and cold. she'll drink juice and water just fine out of the sippy cup, but once she knows it's milk she won't drink it.

Kamigirl1

Asked by Kamigirl1 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Throw away the bottles, offer the cup constantly, and wait for her to get over it. It took my daughter about 3 hours of crying and whining to realize that she wasn't getting her bottle anymore. Also, we switched to a straw sippy cup, maybe you can try that.
    mom2sophia711

Answer by mom2sophia711 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I agree...dont give her any other option. I had to do that with my son. I hated it because I was afraid he would get dehydrated but the doctor told me they can go up to ten hours without anything to drink. If you have to just put water in the cup. She will quickly realize that it is her only option and she will take it.
    Anonymous