Is this too much?

Today I:
(1) woke up at 4 am to finish checking my student's work
(2) organized my daughter to school and read a book with her
(3) come to school, finish TB test
(4) Commuted 150 miles 1 way.
(5) Got ready to teach my class.
(6) taught the class
(7) Commuted 150 miles back- was stopped by police, got citation with traffic school offer..
(8) Came home, help tutor and my daughter
(9) tool my daughter for the playground
(10) Came home and my daughter was throwing up strongly her tummy hurt...because I guess yesterday my stove broken...

In additon to that I do not hear really well, I have ongoing trouble with my daughter's school, her teacher is passive aggressive toward me as well as director...

What do I do?

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 2:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Uhmm... yea, why don't you you move closer to your place of work? My DH commutes like that a few times a month and it KILLS us, we miss him so much. We couldn't handle every day, we'd move.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• what do you do?

.... run away from home.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Wow, I would stop with the commuting 150 miles to your job. Or else move by where you work. You really need to be closier to home. I commuted to work for 7 yrs when I was married and it drove me nuts every single day. I spent my entire day in grid lock traffic to and from work. You gotta start there hon...
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I cannot move without necesserily breaking the family, we live near my hubby's work, he does tenure track... today my daughter is too bad and so myself...i am not ready for tomorrow and probably they will fire me anyway....
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 3:00 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I hope it all works out.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 3:10 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Can you find work closer to your house? And are you really bringing in THAT much money to make it worth 300 miles of driving in a day???
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:45 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My hubby wakes up at 4:30 every morning drives 168 miles one way to work every day...you do what you gotta do
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:25 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• How do you commute 300 miles a day?  That's like 6 hours of just driving a day.  My husband commuted 80 miles one way and he spent 4 hours of his day on the road (city traffic sucks).  It sucked.  He was never home.  He left for work at like 4am every day and didn't get home until 8pm.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Were I in your shoes, I would be a sahm or a wahm.. good luck!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 9:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I taught three classes today, my daughter is not any better, her school is a big trouble too, but just not to go into her school made me feel better...
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 1:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2010