What is ideal for you?

What would be your ideal romantic evening? Or friendship? Or relationship? O r type of job? O r whatever you'd like to share...

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• My ideal career is becoming a midwife and being able to perform home births more than any other. I'm currently in college to try to fulfill this dream. It's been my goal for almost 10 years, and I am so happy and thankful that I finally stopped listening to my family when they told me I couldn't or shouldn't do it, and that it was a stupid career choice. I listened to that and wasted a year of college, then had to drop out during my pregnancy because of bed rest, and then I was out of college even longer than I intended because I had to go back to work full time and then some after my husband quit his job. Now, I've finally got it together and I'm working my butt off to make it through college and realize this dream.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Mrs.BAT, I think it is awesome what you are doing! I'm proud of you for taking a stand and following your heart's desire.A man named Whitley Phipps said, "It is in the quiet crucible of your personal private sufferings tht your noblest dream is born. And God greatest gifts are given, in compensation for what you've been through!" I pray He will give you the strength, the wisdom, the understanding, and ability to remember all that you need at the right moments when you have need of it. I returned to college when I was 35 yrs old. Coming up along side of kids who were fresh out of High School, & I hadn't touched a book in over twenty years. I prayed & was given aid by other students who came up along side of me to help. Even now, I shake my head, knowing I actually finished something in my life! My jobs were better with three times the pay. Who says education doesn't pay for itself is crazy! LOL Don't be afraid to ask for help
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 3:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• One ideal I have is fitting into size 42 (probalbly M). lol I know, I'm obsessed with weight. ... Nah, actually I'm not. No denying I shift around way too much kilos, so ... I'll get there! Jee-ha! Wait and see.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 8:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My ideal job requires my creativity to be going non-stop. I started writing a book several years ago and recently picked it up again (about a month before starting a new job). I want to finish this book and have it published. I think a lot of the moms on CM would like it, based on my various readers (for editing, letting me know if I should scrap it or keep going). I would love to write other books as well; I don't foresee a sequel to the current book I'm writing, but I'm also writing a kind of "ghost story" as well. There are so many stories in my head, that I can't get them out. I started writing a collection of short stories based on people I knew within the last ten years (the point in my life when I grew the most), but I've only made it past the third person; this list is at least a dozen, if not more. I'd like to have that published as a book, too. I have a collection of hundreds of poems I want published.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2010