What should I pack to take with me to the hospital when I have the baby?

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 3:01 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• car seat, weather appropriate clothes for baby to wear home, outfit of choice if you opt to do pics in the hosp for baby, camera & charger, camcorder & charger, phone and charger, warm socks, nursing bra, very comfortable clothes for you to wear home

You could bring
    breast pump, pads of your choice since the ones in teh hospital arent the greatest, dvd's, cd's, make-up, your personal shower needs!

I personally brought way too much stuff!! You name it I had it but most of it wasn't used and certainly not needed.
    jamiesuev22

Answer by jamiesuev22 at 3:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• For you: comfortable PJ's, bras,underwear (lots), comfortable pants and shirt (home outfit), toothbrush, shower stuff, slippers, pillow.
    For the baby: Blankets, sleepers, take home outfit, carseat, burpies.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• take ur own box of wipes....the thick and clean ones! The hospital wipes dont work too well on babies 1st few (10) dirty diapers...and with my son they didnt even give me wipes, they gave me little clothes I had to wet in the sink....you know that was only 6 years ago, so I dont even understand that kind of thinking on the hospital staffs part
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Nursing pads! I don't think our hospital provided them...and I leaked through several nursing bras and hospital gowns...but I was there for a few extra days....
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:58 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i take my stuff to, slippers socks pjs, i just feel better with my own ,
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Boppy, pillow, camera, slippers, other comfy clothes if you want. I had c-section and only wore their gown for first day, then switched into my own. Felt alot better. Those cool gel pads for your nipples if you are breast feeding. I put them on after each time. If you have a c-section you may want some movies to watch at night.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010