Do you or your children have a seizure disorder? If so what are your experiences with it?

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 3:48 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Health

• I have it due to a botched epidural (I'll tell that story later in journals...)... I had a few types of seizures, the worst being grand mal... I take Dilantin now though and haven't had any while on it. (100mg 3 times a day)
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 5:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I have seizures because of epilepsy. I take Dilantin too...lol...100mg 6 times a day...lol...I've had it since I was 13.
    BigfordBrat

Comment by BigfordBrat (original poster) at 6:00 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My DD, who was a healthy eight year old, had a massive seizure this past summer. It lasted almost 24 hours and she was in a medically induced coma for 11 days. Since then she has been getting better every day. Right now she is on a huge dose of Keppra and clozeapim. Since her seizure is not from epilepsy and they don't really know it is from I don't really have any other information to share.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:17 AM on Oct. 12, 2010