Would you rather be a working or SAHM?

Would you rather stay at home with your kids or would you rather go to work?

:)

BraythansMom

Asked by BraythansMom at 3:50 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in

• SAHM...

IMO, if a mother can afford to be at home with her child, she should! At one point, I thought it was destiny to be a working mom, etc... but after getting pregnant with baby #2 and seeing all of the extra pressures that come with having to drop the kids off, etc etc just to go to work.. and considering whether or not it was worth it financially....emotionally and psychologically.... I decided to stay at home.. Now, I am proud of being a SAHM and wouldn't have it any other way... It keeps our home much more peaceful with me staying home rather than me trying to go to work.. It would be a headache to do the latter.. No thanks!
    Brooklyn55

Answer by Brooklyn55 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Being a working mom, I only get to see my LO at night (which is mostly bathtime & bedtime) and weekends. I miss out on so much. Every small thing she learns to do, I have to hear from my mom. So to answer your question: I wish every single day that It's financially viable for me to quit working. I would give anything to be a SAHM
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 6:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• work
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• SAHM.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 6:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I have been both a working mom and a SAHM. When I was working I felt that I did miss things, although I knew the time I spent with my kids was quality time because I only saw them at night and on weekends. I have been a SAHM for 9 years now and I do love it. In the beginning it was hard because I did not know any other moms that stayed home. Once I found other moms I love it. I have started my own business, I get to do fun things with my kids, and I keep busy.

I do think you need to find what works for you and what you can afford to do. Now I am looking to go back to work part time because all my children are in school. Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• SAHM!!!!!

I love being with my kids. i like bringing in my own money too, but i really love being with my kids. even if they tend to drive me up the wall at times.

i would really like a job here at home but don't really trust the work at home stuff. a lot of them sounds fishy to me.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 7:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Working but less. I work 26-30 hours a week in 4 days. I would like to work 2 days for 16 hours ideally but well, it's just not in the cards yet.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• After being a SAHM I would rather work at least part-time.
    I love being home with the kids, but with limited to no outside socialization and interaction I beg for a job right now.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:40 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Work,I do like my job. If it was financially viable, I would only work part time
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• sahm
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 9:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2010