The second time - did your contractions feel the same?

I pretty much expect the contractions during active labor to be just as painful.
However I am wondering if maybe I am downplaying my discomfort right now.
I am almost 37 weeks and my daughter (born 12-24-06, 22 months ago) was born at 37 weeks 6 days. I remember having light contractions for 3 days before my water broke and feeling the REAL contractions during active labor.
I wonder though if the second labor caught you by surprise because you didn't actually feel like you were in labor? You remembered how painful it was and your body didn't register that you were in labor? I know every pregnancy is different and I am wondering if my body is reacting differently. Did your second labor start out slowly or did you just all of a sudden go into active labor? How does it compare to your first labor?

theroxy

Asked by theroxy at 1:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My second labor did catch me off gaurd in how less painful it seemed. The trick is to see how regular your contractions are. If it's real labor the constractions will be very regularly spaced.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 1:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My first 2 labors were the same. woke up in active labor early in the morning, had a baby 6 hours later. My third I was laboring for weeks, I could not feel them but they were on the NSTs. One of my bag of waters broke mid-morning. I had a c-section 3 hours later. I never had labor pains for that one.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• everyone of my pregnancy were diffent i hve three children and in all of them the symptoms the cravings and the pains were all different my first went rather quickly the second seemed like it took for ever and the third well i had an epidural and the third was wonderful
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• bump..
    update: I think it has to do with the baby's position. It hurts mostly when I am sitting down and mostly on my back. It feels more like a dull pain than an all over contracting of the uterus.
    theroxy

Answer by theroxy at 1:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2008