is it fair of dh to ask this of me?

my dh wants me to get up with him every morning at 5:45 when he's going to work and help him get ready for work. this includes making him a sandwich to take with him and laying his work clothes (including underwear and socks) on the bed for him. i have to get up at 7 for the kids and i have a 16 month old and i still breasfeed and still wakes up every 2 fraking hours to nurse (dh knows all this). is it fair of my husband to expect that of me or am i being a bitch for being mad at him? would you ladies do this for your dh/so?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I get up with my husband everymorning, always have...
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't do it. A Sandwich can be made and clothes laid out at night (although an able bodied adult shouldn't need assistance with that).

But only you can decide if you want to do it.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 6:38 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• they like to see us before work, and it is probably the only time he gets to spend with you kid free everyday. I would wean that kid, there is no reason for a 16 month old to wake up that much! you should cut the breastfeeding out, and start enjoying your alone time with your dh. Have breakfast and chat. of course he can do it himself, but why would he want to?
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• He is being selfish, childish, and completely unreasonable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• make his lunch before you go to bed, and you can also lay his clothes out on the couch before bed. Its kind of childish of him to expect you to lay out his clothes.. how hard is it for him to get them out of the closet/drawers himself?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:51 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think DH has been spoiled for far too long. In order for your kids to be happy, you have to be happy. How can you be happy when you're exhausted.? He needs to understand that you have a hard job aswell, you tend to his children. . He's a big boy! Im sure he can bloody dress and feed himself! It's not the bloody stone ages anymore. Men shouldn't be treated like kings and treat ywomen like a slaves in return.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 6:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Wrong! This isn't the 50's anymore, Beaver!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:00 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Wow. Reading some of these answers ummm wow. Anyway, I stay up later then I should to make sure my hubby has something to eat to take to work, & sometimes I do lay out some clothes for me, He doesn't ask me too, I just do it... It sounds like hubby is looking around to spend more time with you if he's all the sudden asking you to get up with him before he goes to work.. Don't be too hard on him. explain that while you would love too, you can't until you start weaning your child off the boob... (that way you both get more sleep.) Figure out something to compromise. Pack a lunch for him before you go to bed, or something...

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• When I stayed home with our son, my DH had to be up early to go to work also, and I always got up with him. It was really nice for us to sit and have coffee and breakfast together, and spend a little time together in the quiet of morning. Granted, he made his own breakfast, etc. I thought it was the least I could do since he was working 10 hour days to support our family.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I get up with my husband, but not because he wants me to. It's because I want to.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2010