painful ovulation? adult content

i woke up this morning with sharp pain in my pelvic area. im pretty sure im ovulating, i got my period on the 1st and its now the 12th, plus ive had a lot of discharge the past couple of days. i also did a lot of walking the other day for about 6 hours at busch gardens, so my whole body is sore from that too :( but the pain is reeallly bad! like someone's stabbing me with a knife there. is it normal to sometimes have pain when you ovulate?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Health

• Yes, it is completely normal! I get pain when I'm ovulating also, and an increased sex drive! The joys of womanhood :)
    mldj33

Answer by mldj33 at 7:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I normally don't have pain when I ovulate, but in my younger (teenage) years, I did. It never was as bad as you describe though. If it's out of the norm for you to have pain like that, it might be a good idea to call the doc - God forbid you have polycystic ovarian syndrome or something. I wouldn't worry too much though - maybe wait until next month's period to see if the same thing happens.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 7:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I always have pain. Most times its just a discomfort but sometimes, it's stabbing as well and can hit me at different points during the day.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:16 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yep it sucks but it is normal!!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I get a nice sharp twinge on my left ovary when it is that one's turn. It's normal. The medical term for it is mittelschmerz.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• lol, my sex drive is definitely waaay up there too right now! haha glad im not the only one :)
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:13 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• @izsarejman, i did notice that the pain was mostly on the right side. so it must be my right ovary's turn this month lol!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Oct. 12, 2010