Did anyone make their own costumes?

We are going to be the rubble's from the flintstones.. I made the costumes myself.

JaelynS

Asked by JaelynS at 7:16 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have tried, although I am not very good at it. For me it depends on what is involved.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:21 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i've been thinking about throwing something together for the girls. we usually don't go trick or treating but we are talking about taking the kids to a corn maze.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 7:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'm half way done with my girls. I would be completely done had I not been in the hospital this weekend. They are going to be fairy princesses.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 7:25 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• making my sons.. hes going to be a mummy.. its pretty easy haha. I tore sheet strips, then got gauze and just kinda wrapped em all up.. I am still trying to decide if I want to soak them in tea to give them an aged look, or to roll them around in some dirt to look like he just popped out of a grave..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:35 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My son's first halloween he was a month old...I made a pumpkin costume out of an old sweater, and he went as a pumpkin. The year before last, he went as a bat..that was a piece of cake...I took a black sweater, and sewed triangles of material into the armpit, and sewed on a hood. Last year, he went as a cop. I didn't make the whole costume, but did add stripes to the sides of his pants so they matched his daddy's.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I made a clown costume once and I took the make up look straight out of Barnum and Baily's book. I have to say the whole look came out great!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 8:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My son wants to be a baseball player and it's nice that we already have everything for it!!

TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 8:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• yeah, we always "make" our costumes. We do not buy premade outfits from the store.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Good for you. I made costumes for my kids for 16 years.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• no never
    ooksanab25

Answer by ooksanab25 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 15, 2010