EDD

When determining your EDD... Would you go by the date of your LMP or what the ultrasound said for a date?

LMP- EDD May 26th 2011
U/S- EDD May 29th 2011

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its so close why dont you just split the difference.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:00 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Honestly..your dates are 3 days apart. It really doesn't make that much difference in the scheme of things since an EDD is just that "estimated". I prefer to think of it as your due month. You will have baby either the last two weeks of May or the first two weeks of June. Since the EDD is just the date they pick in the middle of 38 and 42 weeks.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:04 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'd choose the later one to avoid an unnecessary induction. Other than, it doesn't really help to try to be as accurate as possible. I'm using the day we conceived (not everyone knows this and that's why they use LMP) but the day I actually give birth may still not be that same week or even 2 weeks.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:21 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yea. I go by my period but that's bc I had a perfect 28 day cycle and I. Knew what day I ovulated and like your dates its only a few days apart I wouldn't worry say whichever id say the sooner lol but either way that baby will come on any day it. Wants normally I just had mine at 37 wks bc no fluid and she measured exactly what they measure her on us 5lb 13oz lol so don't sweat your dates too much and enjoy your preg :) congrats
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would go with the ultra sound one that always seemed more accurate for me.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:45 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I go by my LMP.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 8:51 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Doctors will normally and generally go by your early ultrasound if you had one. They will go by your LMP when you did not have an early U/S just as an estimated time for due date.

For instance and my experience just from this time around...I am pregnant with my 3rd and according to my LMP my due date would be 10/19/10 but I had an early U/S at 6 weeks and according to that they say my due date is 11/1/10. I am currently 37 weeks but measuring 40 weeks but they are still going by my EDD of 11/1/10. I know for a fact when I conceived just because I know when I had sex and according to that it would be 10/23/10. In the end these dates are generally all estimates and babies will come when they are ready.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 11:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Mine was set according to date of conception, but if you don't have that info, it's usually set according to your LMP. Some women see a chance in their EDD after an ultrasound if there is a dramatic difference.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My EDD for my last baby was 2/18/10 and the u/s had a date of 2/24/10. I used the 24th, she was born on 2/22 so right in between!!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010