some info/experience on your babys weight guessed on sono

Well I had a baby that came out her exact weight that was guessed for her! Lol 2 days before her section one tech measured 5 lbs 13 oz the next on a diff machine said 5 lbs 9 oz she was 5 lbs 13.5 oz so I'm asssuming the closer to your actual date of delivery you hear the weight the more likely that's correct so if they say at your 21 wk sono you have a larger baby it might not matter as much if thy were going off of a later sono. Bc she was long early in the pregnancy but came out 17 inches haha so hope that helps w some of the weight sono mystery just my opinion of course:)

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 8:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The weight estimates toward the end are plus or minus TWO POUNDS, so the fact that yours were so close (and spot on) is very rare.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would have to agree with the above poster mine were never even close to being right even those done towards the end of pregnancy.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:43 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Actually, the opposite is true. The earlier you are in pregnancy, the more accurate the weight estimate at that time.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree with the previous posters.. mine were more accurate early on. My doc actually induced me 10 days early because an ultrasound was showing that my son weighed around 4 pounds.. VERY scarey when I was measuring spot on until the week before. Needless to say my son came out weighing a healthy 6 pounds 1 oz.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 9:35 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• With my first child it was over 2lbs off (she measured almost 6lbs, and was 8 1/2- this was 2 weeks before she was born). Second and 3rd were over a pound smaller than they were estimated. it is excessively rare that their estimates are accurate.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I've never had weight estimated before. There is no need for it and accuracy is an issue anyway.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My was pretty much dead on to 8 days before he was born it said that he was about 6lbs 3oz when he was born he was 6lbs 13oz
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks. It said he was 8lb 110z already. So they induced me at 39 weeks. And since they gain about half a pound a week that would put him at 10lb 3oz. He was 8lb 8oz at birth.lol..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Mine was almost right on as well. They estimated my daughter to be at 9lbs 8oz and she was 9lbs 4oz. I was impressed. I had a ton of ultrasounds though.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i would also say that what happen to you was rare i was told at my 37 week that my baby was 8lbs 4 oz and it was so off she was 18 1/2 inchs and 5 lbs 14 oz
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2010