Bumbers

My hubby just put our new crib together. the crib set i have came with bumbers, Is it okay to leave the bumbers on while he sleeps?

mommycoleyy88

Asked by mommycoleyy88 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you mean bumpers? They're not recommended, because of suffocation risks, and once Baby can pull himself to standing, he can use the extra height to climb out and fall.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:03 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• ya sorry about the tyop. Thanks, i didnt keep them in bec i was to worried.
    mommycoleyy88

Comment by mommycoleyy88 (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Smart mama! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• We use ours and our son has been fine.. We tried taking them out and he stopped sleeping through the night so the doc said it was fine to put them back in... I should note that we have a round crib so there are no corners for him to wedge himself into.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 9:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I used something called a "Breathable Bumper" in my baby's crib. It's kind of like mesh, and it just keeps him from getting his legs and arms from getting stuck in the slats.
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• we have it too but i dont use it....my son is only 9 weeks old so he doesnt move around very much yet i might use it later on when he gets a bit older that way he wont get his feet stuck in between the bars...
    Ms.TM

Answer by Ms.TM at 12:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i always use it! Nevr had a problem 5 kids later!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't risk it. Not really worth it. When my daughter got older and rolled around all over her crib, she would get her arm or foot stuck in the slats, so I bought one of those breathable bumpers also, like "jacksmom" said above. It worked great.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010