HOW can I do this?

I live in military housing. My husband is deploying soon and I am expecting our second child in just a few months. We have a one year old. I live in an area where we have designated parking places and we have to park about 150 yards away from our house. We have to park and then walk uphill across an open field to reach our apartment. We are not allowed to drive on the grass or park on the gras or else we risk getting evicted. What I am wondering is...when I have this baby how will I be able to haul two kids under two years plus a car full of groceries 150 yards back and forth UPHILL across an open field??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Travel

• I always parked out back for just a few minutes while i unloaded my car...then I parked in front again. all of my neighbors do it too and nobody has gotten into trouble yet!
    AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 3:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Perhaps you can find a friend who is willing to help you grocery shop or a neighbor who is willing to sit with your kids for a few moments while you unload your car. Which military post do you live at? It seems strange that you don't have parking located near to your housing. You can also get one of those strollers that has a basket on the bottom and use that to load your groceries in and push the stroller back and forth with the kids in it (this is a great method for excersize the walking back and forth)
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• We live on fort bragg...we do have a parking lot but as I stated it is across a large field...I have no friends that live close by.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Do you have any friends that can help you....Rear detatchment is there for you to call his battery..The Ladies in the RFG could help..

Answer by louise2 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Think I got that wrong FRG I think it is

Answer by louise2 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• well if your going to be staying there while your hubby is gone, i would suggest making friends with your neighbors. its likely that one of those ladies hubby is leaving with yours and if she has kids she could prob use your help during grocery days too. have a block party before your hubby leaves to get to know the ladies next door
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Keep a wagon in the car... I mean it. A big wheeled landscaping wagon. You canload all the groceries in that, plus the baby seat and your one year old is either going to have to hold your hand and walk or you'll have to carry that baby seat and stick the other babe in the wagon. I lived in a place with a similar parking situation. It was no picnic but it worked.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I used my double stroller and put the stuff i bought under it and used that ! I hope it helps
    RyansMommy7507

Answer by RyansMommy7507 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My first thought was a wagon. My second thought is better! Get involved w/ your church or other similar community that has volunteers. I am sure there is some one who is just itching to help you out for a time. You could provide lunch or coffee and cookies or something in return for the favor! I feel for you, but I think you can solve this by reaching out to real people in your community! Let me know!
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 8:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2008