IF you knew then what you know now...would you change anything - or do you simply acknowledge that it has all got you where you are today and not change anything?

We've all had those 'wish we had a do over' moments, but would you really change it...possibly changing your whole life? Would you risk that one change meaning you may not be where you are now...who you are now...with the family you have now?

rabbitandeor

Asked by rabbitandeor at 9:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• That's a cool question. I think I would like to do it, but I see the point here. But say, I could really do it over and no harm done? I would go away to college. Not living away during college and not breastfeeding my children are my two "regrets". It all turned out well though, so, who knows what would have happened if I had done it differently? I think I would have married someone different and had some great friends in college. It would have given me more confidence to go out and do different things and know interesting people. Breastfeeding is a sweet experience I think would have really helped me connect earlier with what is really important in life as well as my babies.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I've made my share of mistakes but if I didn't I wouldn't have met my hubby and I wouldn't be expecting my son right now and I can't imagine a world without either of them.

LilHellion

Answer by LilHellion at 10:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I've always been a strong-willed person but through the experiences and downfalls that i have had throughout my life i think i may not of changed anything but would like to go back and ask why was this done or why did it happen to me. I dont linger on that note much. Overall its made the character i am and the best i'll be for my future children.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Thats a good question. For me I believe that no matter what has happened in the past everything happens for a reason and I live my life with no regrets. I'm sure everyone has made choices they wish they could change but once it's done it's done. Theres no use worrying about it.
    sjdchbkr

Answer by sjdchbkr at 11:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• yeah, i'd take the time for that dance. the next week he was dead.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:17 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I was abused by my ex. People always ask me or say to me 'I must wish i could change it all". Honestly my answer is hard to explain. I would still have married him because I have the greatest kids...I would desire that he be different though. Through all of what I went through I became someone so different than I was, I know now that I can do anything I have to. I've raised my kids alone, moved alone, given birth alone, burried a child alone...I would have never been strong enough to do any of that before. I danced the dance as princezz says and I don't regret the pain. Good question!!!
    EmMaldonado

Answer by EmMaldonado at 1:55 AM on Jul. 6, 2008