Is there anything you wish you had done before you had your child?

I wish I had travelled, but now I know I can just take my girl with me when shes about 5. So havent missed out.. I also have started studying since being pregnant. The skies the limits I say.

Weldo1983

Asked by Weldo1983 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• There are no shoulda woulda couldas, there is just life as it is.....I am so much happier when I take that approach.....I used to have many regrets that made me unhappy until I realized that I have always done the best I could, even when things didn't work out the way I would have liked.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:53 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• not really as i am happy with my path in life but if i had to pick one thing it would be travel more!
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I CAN"T LIVE without traveling, it's not a question for me. I was a long haul truck driver before I had DS, and I am a pro-pilot major now. I just can't be still!!! Honestly (and no bashing) probably wish I would have been to the cannibus cup in the Netherlands before he came around, since I certainly won't go now. That would just be for the sake of going with friends, I'm not a druggie or anything. lol
    wildsun

Answer by wildsun at 9:24 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree with PP I don't really regret anything but I would have liked to travle more but DH and I can do that to an extent when kiddos get a little older. I amazingly managed to get my Associates degree and finished it when DS was like one month old, that got rough at the end tho. But I did it and I'm very proud.
    burtangermom4

Answer by burtangermom4 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• travel, college, and maybe persued my ballet carreer. Pregnancy will ruin you as a dancer...LOL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• ok I understand the ballet, but why cant you still go to college ? can you do external courses at all online?? and could you travel with your child? or maybe get a baby sitter for a week so you could jet off somewhere close?? things are not impossible just improbable.
    Weldo1983

Comment by Weldo1983 (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wish I had traveled more.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:16 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wish I could have finish school and college and be somebody before I had my kids.
    betsy9023

Answer by betsy9023 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wish i had finished college as well. Just because it would have been easier. I cherish my time with my daughter, because i work full time. i don't what to give up spending time with her to go to school. But i know i need to, so i am applying for the fall semester. Plus all the distractions at home trying to study. Not that i can't do it now... just would have been a heck of lot easier before i had my daughter
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wish I travelled and pursued nursing. Im working on my MBA and realize I should have studied nursing and now my schedule and my daughter will make it nearly impossible. I love her to death so theres no regrets.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 12, 2010