Any advice on making cookie "suckers"/lollipops?

I purchased 3 Wilton Brand cookie treat pans. I followed the directions and my cookie are huge. It said to fill them up to 1/8" from the rim. I did.......needless to say my cookies are about 1 and a half times the size of the mold. What am I doing wrong? Any good ideas? And while I'm at it, does anyone have a recipe for a chewy sugar cookie?

NickNRyansMom2

Asked by NickNRyansMom2 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Food & Drink

• The obvious answer is to fill them up a little less then recommended but also if you're making the dough from scratch look at what flour you're using. Some brands sell a type that is considered "self-rising" and lables it on the package that way. This particular type of flour is designed for breads and cakes, etc for those items that are designed to grow and expand to twice their size in the oven.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• hahahaha, believe it or not that is the flour that I used but I just tried the second time around, using less dough and the same thing happened.
    NickNRyansMom2

Answer by NickNRyansMom2 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Baking is always more magic than science. Your milk, eggs, butter should all be room temp. Then after you make the cookie dough. refrigerate it for an hour or so.

Also, calibrate your oven!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Also check the Wilton site to see if they have any cookie recipes that they recomend. I have a sugar recipe I got off of a nice lady here on CafeMom that does not expand. If you would like to try it let me know and I will gladly send it to you.
    luckymommax7

Answer by luckymommax7 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2008