should i call the cops to get my sd to go to school?she isnt being hostile, she just wont get up.

Well just recently my sd hasnt been getting up on time for school, first it was w/her father, but then he had a schedule change, he goes in earlier.So i am the one who takes her to school, she would normally get up w/the 1st call i gave her but now she wont even get up, i go to her room like 5x& nothing, its starting to annoy me because she will wake up n just go back to sleep, does anyone have any suggestion on what i should do, i mean i really dont want to call them so what else can i do? classes start in less than 10 mins& she still isnt up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• no, the police should be reserved for actual emergencies
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Let her deal with the consequences of being late to class. If she doesn't care then I would let her dad deal with that.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Vacuum her room. Turn on the music real loud- some thrash metal- or the Ramones. Or opera...That should do it.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 9:43 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• How old is she anyway? It sounds like she's older if you're considering calling the cops, in which case she needs to learn to take responsibility for herself. I would buy her an alarm clock and resist the urge to try to wake her up myself. Does she want to get good grades and go to college? Or does she want to be a problem student who is in detention all the time? Don't ever write her an excuse note if she is late because of this. Let her deal with the consequences herself.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My mom used to have that problem with my sister. So my mom called the school and told the principal what was happening and she got detention. The principal also told her for every day she didn't get up to go to school my mom was going to call and when she did go to school she would be in detention and if she missed a week or more she was going to have in school suspention. She got detention once and my mom hasn't had that problem since. I don't know if your sd's school does anything like that, but I think it would be worth looking into. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I believe the old stand-by was a bucket of cold water, but the idea about getting the school involved and letting her face consequences there is a good idea, too.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would call her dad and put her on the phone with him if thats possible. She should definatley be grounded for not getting up. If you cant get ahold of her dh call the school as suggested.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No, you don't call the cops, you get firm with her, and make her ass get up. My son is twelve, and this happened this morning:

1. I went into his room, turned the light on, shook him a little, and said in a sing songy voice, "Good Morning Cain. It's time to get up and get dressed, ok baby?"

2. Back in his room. Pulled the covers back. "Hey! Cain! Get up. Get dressed. Get up!"

3. Back in his room, ripped the blanket off him. "GET UP IT'S 6:40. GET UP NOW."

4. From my roomm, "CAIN! GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED THIS INSTANT, OR I'M COMING IN THERE."

He promptly got up, got dressed, and combed his hair. No cold water needed.

My kids know better than to piss me off in the morning.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• seriously, it is not the schools job to get your kid up and to school, they have enough shit to deal with and their job is to educate your child, it is your job to enforce the rules with them
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Dump ice water on her head in a manner where it is like Chinese water torture/waterboarding. She will get up.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:10 AM on Oct. 12, 2010