Does anyone have creative ideas for care packages to Afghanistan?

I send a box at least once a week and am running out of ideas!

Adamsgirl9

Asked by Adamsgirl9 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I just always sent, Chocolate, Candy, baby wipes, ear swabs.. American cigs (if they smoke)..... not sure on creative...lol what's his M.O.S?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My husband and I have "adopted" more than a dozen soldiers via the Soldiers' Angels organization. On their site they list the items most requested by servicemen and women. Hope that helps!

http://soldiersangels.org/donating-items.html

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• That's an awesome link, LoriKeet! Thanks for the info.

I was also thinking it would be nice to send those cheap video cameras so that the soldiers can make little video clips for their families. They're only $29.99. The one in the link below has an attached USB for easy image transfer.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Vivitar+-+Flash+Memory+Camcorder+with+1.8%22+Monitor+-+Silver/9959583.p?id=1218202472317&skuId=9959583
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My daughters and I send decks of cards(usually with scrapbooked homemade instructions on how to play a game like Euchre), domino games, snack bars (fiber one bars get great reviews from the troop),fuze bottled drinks.  We also make handmade greeting cards and send them to the troops blank...  They don't have access to a wide selection of greeting cards to send back to family. We usually send 4 blank birthday, 1 winter, 1 blank all purpose in our boxes, but we also participate in the program (link above)...  Hope that helps!!!  Good Luck and thank you for all you do!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My husband is a wounded warrior and he asked for phone cards to call home and baby wipes. Pillows are good because they don't always have them (hint: Spacebag). Other than normal snacks, pictures and reminders of home are always your best bet.
    BellasMom185

Answer by BellasMom185 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• good one lorikeet
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If you go to www.militarywives.com they have an entire page devoted to care packages themes, items and ideas. Lori it doesn't suprise me that you adopt soldiers! You're awesome woman!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Repeat boxes would be just as appreciated..
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010