Do you tip a repariman? How much?

I have a fridge repairman (covered by warranty) coming today. Is it proper etiquette to tip? How much?

Asked by sophiesmom07 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have never tips a repair man. But Im sure he wouldn't be offended if you handed him a few bucks.

Answer by martinmommy26 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• That's just going too far, IMO!

Answer by toobigfrogs at 9:51 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• That is your choice if you feel he gave you exceptional service. Depends on how much it costs you..$20 maybe? Do not include it in the payment for the service. Give him cash directly or a gift card for someplace to eat.

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I never have tipped a repairman~~offered him a pop or something but no money

Answer by Carolannie at 9:53 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I never have either. If my landlord wants to tip a repairman, he can have at it. I'm only renting this house and any repairs that require outside assistance and are not our fault are on his dime anyway.

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:53 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• We've never tipped a repairman. They make very good money without it.

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• We don't tip repairmen, they get an automatic $85 for showing up at the house (service call) then tack on for their time and parts.

Answer by slw123 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I don't think're paying them for the service.

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2010