Is it really anal to start planning birthday parties a year in advance.

I am planning my sons first birthday and my daughters 11th birthday parties already. They dont happen until next July and August. I am so anal I always plan things wayyyy in ahead, using charts and graphs and massive amounts of research.

Mholley1979

Asked by Mholley1979 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Entertainment

• that is more time than I have to devote to a party, but whatever works for you
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Whatever rocks your boat but yes, I would say it is a bit anal!

Answer by older at 9:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• that's a little over the top in my opinion for kids birthdays. If the parties are a big party in another state or the like where you want people to save the date maybe not, but for little kids?

whatever makes you comfortable, but I personally wouldn't go quite that far.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• That sounds like an awful lot of extra work than may really be needed but if thats what you like to do then go for it....but yeah it is pretty anal. :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I plan way ahead also ... almost have to because there are so many schedules to coordinate (we often have out-of-town guests come in) and so many details that need to be addressed. It may be anal but so what? Works for me and if it works for you, so be it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• lol it sounds like a lot of work but it is mostly outta boredom during the day at work... but now I have CafeMom to entertain me.
    Mholley1979

Comment by Mholley1979 (original poster) at 10:01 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think it might be slightly anal, but not too bad. You are just trying to make sure that their parties are great and go as smoothly as possible. I think you are just planning ahead to make things less stressful, and I should actually think about doing something like that as well for my kids.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I was going to say no, until I read the rest of your post, I'm not sure what you need charts and graphs for....at least not graphs!!

I start planning way ahead as well. I keep a notebook that way when I come across a great idea for the party, I can file it, and I won't forget it. Games, recipes, decorations, all in the notebook, I don't do my guest list, etc., until closer to time.

Anyway, as long as you're having fun, and your kids are, then who cares!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:02 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'm the opposite. I usually wait until 1 month before until I even think about it. Then I somehow pull a party out of my ass! But it has always worked so far.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:49 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• a little more than i do but i am not a perfectionist. i am guessing you are. nothing wrong with it but i just try not to get so busy with things. have a great time planning!
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010