Lots of pain last night -39 weeks

Im 39 weeks. And threwout my whole pregnancy I've never had Braxton Hicks contractions. Last night around 11-12pm I got a whole bunch of them that made it really hard for me to fall asleep. And then around 3:30am I woke up with alot of pressure in my lower stomic. It hurt really bad to lay down, standing was a bitt better.. I stayed awake for 2 hours in alot of pain. And then finally I fell asleep.
But now Im awake and I started my day.. and the pain is gone?
Could my labour have started, and then stoped? is this possiable?
Should I do anything to make it start agian- if it was contractions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If your contractions start again, be sure to time them, if they're regular then it might be a good idea to call your Dr. Otherwise I think it's just your body getting ready... Of course if your water breaks, then it's time to go! GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• It's possible for it to have been false labor but it is also possible that you are IN labor. I would either call my doctor or I would go to the hospital.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Don't do anything to make them start again, it will start on its own. They say if the intensity doesn't increase and the time between doesnt increase they are not real contractions.
    chrisnjoesmom

Answer by chrisnjoesmom at 10:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2010