Chest pains

Having pain on my chest above my breast, sometimes its only on the left side but does travel all over to the other side. Had ekg and heart is good, it doesnt hurt when I take a deep breath. Any ideas? Thanks Its sharp pains.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Health

• This might sound highly unlikely at first but it could well be wind. I used to have excessive wind (undiagnosed dairy intolerance) that caused pains either in my shoulders, lower back, at the bottom of my ribcage (right side) or right across my chest seemingly randomly [rarely if ever in these places all at once]. Excess wind can pass into the blood stream and cause these awful pains. Next time try lying on your left side for half an hour. You'll soon know if it was trapped wind! Give it a go. It was definitely the issue with me when I ahd similar sounding pain. Thinking of you.
    PinkLentil

Answer by PinkLentil at 12:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010