Has anyone had their wedding ring/ wedding set upgraded?

Has anyone ever had their wedding ring upgraded? I have a small one stone ring. I am in love with the princess cut, with the 2 stones on the side. A new ring is way too expensive, so i was considering having mine upgraded. Is it possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes...My engagement present was a car and when we got married I got a plain gold band. After our daughter was born, DH bought me a beautiful solitaire. He deployed 3 weeks after she was born, just b4 Christmas. When he returned from the sandbox, he bought me a lovely enhancer. He just has to do things his own way in his own time :)
    PatriciosAngel

Answer by PatriciosAngel at 10:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes. We have a family jeweler who did my original engagement ring and wedding band. We had him re-do the rings about 10 years ago. Kept my original radiant cut diamond from the original engagement ring but had the setting redone and a new wedding band to match. LOVE IT!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes. Girl...go get you the biggest diamond you can afford right now. Ask jewelers to buy or give you credit for your center stone IF you buy the larger one from them. And if you can...pre order a stone with a large table cut, the stone will appear larger than what it weighs.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Or wait....are you just wanting to buy 2 stones to put on the side?
    that is really easy to do also. GL!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No, not yet at least lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i lost my engagement ring - so hub bought me a new one - i chose a new setting and got an upgraded diamond - i also upgraded the wedding ring which was a simple white gold band to a white gold band with diamonds circling the top of it - it was from the Princess Di collection - i love them both!!! i got the setting i really had wanted originally, but i was very happy with the ring he chose for me - i wanted a much higher one, though ...
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010