Boy Burned by Friends Just 15 yrs Old Should They be Tried as Adults?

I saw on the news this boy just now turned 16 a year after being burned by boys he thought were school friends, for his bike and $40.00. He has been a year recovering, and just started a new school. The news also said the 3 boys are being tried as adults, should they be? This boy was in the Hosp. 3 mos and amost died with 9 mos of therapy, way too long for a slap on the wrist. The trial hasn't even started yet, what do you think? Obviously they definately need some severe punishment, they scarred this boy for life in more ways than 1, luckily they didn't kill him.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, they should be tried as adults.....and they should suffer the consequences of their actions....and it should affect the rest of their lives.....AND the boy who was burned deserves some sort of justice although there is none because nothing we do to these kids will help him ...... although justice can help him heal spiritually and emotionally....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes, I think they should be tried as adults.. They can act all big and tough and do something like this.. they can take the heat.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If you haven't been seriously burned you have no idea how painful it is. It is an absolutely horrible recovery. Being in the medical I have seen how bad it is, and those are the victims I can't get out of my head. So yes, I think they should be tried as adults!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 10:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• In this case, they should not have the right to making any decisions. They burned a boy---they have no conscience or sense of right and wrong at this point and I don't see how they ever will. At this age,they should have already learned about empathy...in other words, they should realize that they wouldn't want to be responsible for causing pain.The boys SHOULD be tried as adults.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes, they should be.

If you don't know by age 12 that burning someone for their bike and money is bad, then you obviously are mental. By 15, you be treated as an adult for ruining someones life forever.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:25 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• malicious bastards should be tried as adults.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think at the age of 15, these boys knew how serious the consequences of their actions would be. If you don't try the kids as adults, maybe the parents should be tried.......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:26 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY!! They took part in a heinous crime that was likely premeditated. They should have to suffer the same fate as their victim!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes, it sounds like attempted murder,so I say yes they should be tried as an adult.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 10:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Drinking alcohol and voting is different than knowing that your are burning a human being.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:26 AM on Oct. 12, 2010