ADHD how many times did you have to change meds? Til you found the right one

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 10:22 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I was on Ritalin, then Adderal, THEN Ritalin again, and then Vyvanse. That has taken a period of about 5 years to adjust, but I'm finally on what works.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 10:49 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• SS was on Ritalin and then they put him on a combo of Ritalin and Concerta. Now that he's 11 they have taken him back off of the Concerta and just on Ritalin.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Ritalin, Concerta, Vyvanse, Concerta and now he is off his meds and doing pretty good. He wasn't taking his meds anyway, so we stopped. Can't force a 14 yr old to take meds.

Careful with the Vyvanse. My son did amazing on it for 2 years and then got severly depressed. Was not good.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Never used medication. We modified his diet to remove the foods that he is highly sensitive too: ALL artificial colors & flavors, HFCS, fruit juice, dairy, eggs, gluten & soy. No more "adhd".
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm with motherofhope98. They wanted to put my son on meds and I said "NO". My neighbors son was on them and he always seemed to be in a trance in her living room. He never went outside or anything. I was also afraid of the side effects especially the long term ones! Good luck though, I hope you find something that works for you and your family!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2010