Has your dog ever ate a sock [whole]

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 10:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pets

• Yup. I had a rather large PitBull at one time, and he got a hold of a large tube sock and ate it in one whole piece. and then he threw it up in one whole piece. Kinda neat actually.
    we never had any problems with dogs eating things, most of the time they passed the object. the looked like they were pretty uncomfortable ( picture a teacup poodle passing a peach pit), but everything always came out alright in the end!! HA!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:43 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• no,but my uncle's dog ate a pair of pantyhose! $2000 later and 2 surgeries,and he was not a happy camper!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No just my favorite pair of panties lol
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 10:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Just make sure the dog passes the sock - like the first person said, it can be really expensive if he doesn't !! A friend of mine just had to put his dog to sleep because he ate a sock (again) and it did not pass, he got really sick (basically his intestines got infected) and the vet suggested it was best at that stage not to even try surgery (because of the infection and the dog was 10, he didn't feel there was a good chance of his coming out of surgery).

Good luck - hope it all passes !! I would suggest locking the dog in a crate or making sure all the socks are picked up in the future !!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 4:35 AM on Oct. 13, 2010