Okay.. about the boys who burned the 15 year old boy.. Say your kid did that.. Would you support them and try to get them out of it or would you want them to receive a harsher punishment for what they did?

& don't say "oh my kid would never do that".. because I'm sure these kids' parents thought that too..

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 10:26 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I would definately let him pay for what he did wrong to another human being. He chose the behaviour, he chose the consequence. I'd want him to have a fair trial, though. No harsher than anybody else who commited the same crime
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 10:29 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i don't know if my kid would be able to make it to trial for all the ass beating he would get from me
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Since my youngest son ended up getting beaten up in junior high for standing up for an Autistic friend, and my middle son was picked to be a mentor to "at risk" students, I really can't imagine them being in the situation, but if it happened. I would want them psychologically evaluated, and I would support them and help them because I love them unconditionally, and because I would feel that somehow I had failed them as a mother. I would expect them to have severe consequences, and I would be heartbroken.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Well, regardless, I would try to get my son off lightly, but, I would certainly understand if he went to jail for life.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would love and support him but he would have to deal with the consequences of his actions.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:32 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Of course it would break my heart to see my child punished, but they committed a heinious crime and should pay for it.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 10:34 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't try to get them out of it but, I wouldn't want them tried as adults. I would want them to serve time for it but, not to ruin their entire lives. I would feel that way if I was the 15 y/o parent too.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't try to get him out of it,but I'd make sure he got a fair trial

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• They tired to kill him so I say gave them a punishment that fits!!

If they where my son's I would want them to get help, before they come home!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Obviously I would try to protect MY child. Do you really think these parents are really involved in their children's lives though? I mean seriously, my kid WOULDN'T do that!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:32 AM on Oct. 12, 2010