How wet is a diaper consider wet?

I was wondering how wet is diaper consider wet because I'm not sure even dough I have a 2 yr old I was wondering how wet is supposed to be so I can change it I think my 7month old daughter is not peeing enough

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put 4 tablespoons on water in a new diaper. That is what a "wet" diaper feels like.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 10:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Any moisture.

Having said that, the new disposable diapers are made so that you can't feel it on the inside to see if it is wet. it helps to squish it from the outside...with an "Aussie Grab". Try putting her in a cloth diaper for a day or two and you can really tell if she is wetting enough.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Does she drink enough? Some moms let them wet their daiper a few times before changing, others change it as soon as they wet their daiper. But, i think you'd know if it was too full. It will usualy hang low & is heavy. If she is not peeing enough, then she is not taking in enough fluids. Give her a big drink, let her sit in her daiper for for like 1.5 - 2 hours & see how much pee is in there. If it's still pretty dry, i'd ask her Dr. what's up. She may be holding too much water in her system.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Well when my daughter was a newborn I wouldnt change every time she peed because we would be going through 200 diapers a week that way. I stick my finger inside and if it felt wet to the touch on the inside I would change it. sounds gross I know but we werent exactly "well off" when she was born as daddy had lost his job so we just strecthed things out where we could.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 10:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Any moisture in the diaper is considered wet..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I always used the poke test. If it stayed in when poked in the front,it was time for a change

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree with SuperrMommyy. Any moisture makes it wet.
    PatriciosAngel

Answer by PatriciosAngel at 10:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• wet is wet
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:32 AM on Oct. 12, 2010