How Can I Tame My two yr. old?

I feel so embaressed about even tlking about it to strangers, but I'm at my witts end. I have a 2 1/2 yr old son who gets into everything, and I mean everything! he has figured out how to get out of his car seat, our home (even W/dead bolt locks). He climbs shelves, and is constantly getting hurt. Really getting hurt we've been to the ER twice this yr. that has resulted in stitches. I'm a good mother I swear!however my big problem now is that Mason (my son), now has these fitts of anger when you tell him NO. He actually gets so mad his face kind of turns red and he has this anger deep voice, he not only does it to me and my husband, but now he is starting to with other ppl, like my older brother and his wife who watched him the other day. And he did it the other day as I was picking my little girl up from school. He yells and tells me I'm mean, he'll yell I no like you!! It is just killing me. How do I STOP this. PLZ HELP!

PandaG80

Asked by PandaG80 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• First of all. never and i mean NEVER give in to him. My three boys are all very strong willed and he sounks like he is, too. That is not bad, just harder to manage. Set very clear rules and consequences. Follow through, I cannot stress this enough. Get the book from Dr. James Dobson entitled The Strong Willed Child. That book has saved me from pulling my hair out more than once.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 10:35 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Thank you so much! I'll have to go pick that book up. Again THX!
    PandaG80

Comment by PandaG80 (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Is he sleeping well? Eating well? Getting plenty of fresh air and sunshine? I'd start by taking away all food that comes in packages and all hot dogs and lunch meats (if he eats that sort of thing).....I'd then make sure all his meals are made of fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh breads and pastas, and meats....Make sure he takes a nap at the same time each day, goes to bed at the same time each day, and then plays outside for 1 to 2 hours a day... If you give him cookies as snacks, bake them yourself, using honey as sweetener....Honey has a calming effect on children, and a teaspoon can calm him down....Do this for at least a month to see if it works...also warm baths every night with plenty of cuddle time and a soothing story before bed....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• THX Anna92464 those sound like gr8 ideas the sleeping thing is something I think he could get more of, and he loves to be outside but sometimes I can't always be out ther w/him, I'll just have to figure something out,and I'll definetly try the food thing too he loves hot dogs! and I'll pick up some honey on the way home from wrk today.
    PandaG80

Comment by PandaG80 (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I dont know if a doc would DX it ate age 2, because he IS 2, and 2 is deffinately...well..2!!

But maybe have him evaluated for ADHD. My sone was ADHD. I took him the docs and gave every doc this explanation "Hi is IN, ON, UNDER, OVER, and THROUGH EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!"

And you CAN raise an ADHD child without medication. We used counceling and some holding techniques we learned. He is 20 now, and turned out to be a wonderful young man who has had his curent and ONLY job for 4 years, is in a band, and is great with his tiny neices!! :)
    grammamamma

Answer by grammamamma at 4:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2010