TEEN MOMS

I KNOW THAT MOST PEOPLE WHO ARE UNHAPPY WITH TEEN PARENTS SHOW IT BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS A LINE WHERE SOME TEEN PARENTS MAN UP TO THEIR RESPONSIBILITYS AND SOME DONT DO SHIT FOR THEIR KIDS I AM A TEEN MOM WHO GOT MY STUFF TOGETHER AND I AM DOING EVERYTHING FOR MY BABY BUT I REMEMBER DOCTORS NURSES AND EVEN PEOPLE IN THE GROCERY STORES GIVING ME DIRTY LOOKS AND TALKING CRAP... WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON TEEN PREGNANCY??

juliansmommie23

Asked by juliansmommie23 at 1:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I do not encourage nor am I happy to see Teens pregnant, but it's not because I think they will be a bad mom, it's because I feel sad for them as they are children and still have so much growing up to do. People should not be judgemental nor should they make you feel bad for being a mother as a teenager. Remember that there are two types of parents good ones and bad ones. It doesn't matter what age you are there are plenty of mothers out there that are not teenagers that are horrible moms. It's the person not the age.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Everyone makes mistakes in their lives...I'm not saying that you being pregnant is a mistake or that your baby is, but I think that everyone needs to mind their own business when it comes to other peoples children having babies. You might not agree with it, but don't look down your nose at them. They know what happened and they know the consequences of their actions. It's not right to judge people..even teens who become pregnant. I'm sure there is something in the people's lives who are judging the teens that they aren't exactly proud of. Everyone makes mistakes. It's how you deal with them that makes you a better person or not. But the person who makes the mistake is the one that has to live with it...not the one who is trying to judge them. Does that make sense?
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 2:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• yes very much a sensible person in an unsensible world thank you
    juliansmommie23

Answer by juliansmommie23 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Anytime! :) I don't like judgmental people! Life is too short! :(
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 2:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i dont even look at 'teen pregnancy' i think sitting there and calling it that is half of the problem. Age is just a number, it does not explain how well of a parent you will be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I am or Was a teen parent....I had my son when I was 14 years old...I was a baby myself..and his daddy was 16 ...and we done just fine!!! I am a Registered Nurse and we are doing well....I am about to have my 2nd baby she's due in February and I couldnt be happier...but Im also 22 now so I feel like I can handle things better than being a teen ager...Its very hard ..trust me I totally understand....And when people talk about you, tell them to kiss your ass...Im sure your a great mom!!!
    ShastaRiley

Answer by ShastaRiley at 3:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i never got that i was 17 when i had my first never got dirty looks from anyone
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I believe that as long as you're a responsible parent, no one has a right to judge you. I've seen similar reactions given to older moms. In high school I took a child development class and we had to take around the baby think it over dolls for a week, and one of the assignments was to go to the mall or even just a grocery store and see the reactions you get from people. The dolls look just like actual babies, especially when dressed and swaddled. I remember getting all kinds of negative reactions, but one woman was so sweet. She came up and told me that my baby had the most beautiful skin, and was embarrassed when she discovered it was only a doll, but I'll never forget her kindness.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 5:42 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• isn't it sad when people judge? i so hate that! one of my best friends had a baby at 14! i didn't know her then but her story is awful, basically she was forced into a marriage to a 25 yr old in a cult (not naming it ;) so no one is offended) he beat her horribly, she left him shortly after baby was born, finished high school and then put herself through college and has a masters degree! she is now only 28 with a child older than my own and is one of the truly brilliant people i know. did she make mistakes? of course, don't we all with our lives and kids? she is one of my inspirations!!!!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 7:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I'm 25 but I look like I'm 17 so I get those teen mom looks - they aren't pretty. It is not up to us to judge people. I just don't like teen moms who still drink and smoke and party. That is bullshit. But yeah it hurts to get those looks like I'm not old enough to take care of my child. I stopped mentioning my age because I don't have anything to prove to these people. I also noticed that young moms or even pregnant women get hit on wayyyy too often - it's disturbing.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 8:12 AM on Oct. 27, 2008