A child does something wrong.. and a lot of people blame the parents for not being involved or not being good parents! Have you people really never seen an amazing parent and a rebellious kid?! Come on now.. open your eyes!

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 10:34 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• yes. I had 1. Rebelled against the rules. Tough couple of years. Many who spew have not parented an older teens. Good times. If you really are good parents, it all works out in the end.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Have I seen it? No, but yes I know it happens. You need to know the whole story before you start judging!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 10:39 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Absolutely there are rebellious kids from good homes, but I also think that there are a lot of parents who don't make sure their kids are given the right supervision and guidance. Most rebellious kids from good homes, the parents are trying to get them help, trying to supervise and guide, finding resources to help their child, and doing their best to be conscientious parents.

Even good kids can get caught up and make poor decisions, but parents do need to take responsibility for their kids.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:42 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Sure have.That is WHY i never said such a thing lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:48 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I totally agree. Everyone wants to blame the parents.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:03 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I get that all the time.  People give me dirty looks all the time because my 10yo acts like a 2yo, throwing tantrums, screaming and carrying on and they tell me I'm a bad parents and need to do this and that.  It's very frustrating.  They don't care that I have 3 other kids that behave just fine.  My oldest has behavior problems and is out of control when we go out.  She will do everything the exact opposite of what I tell her just to piss me off (it's true, she's admitted to it).  She seems to thrive off of chaos and making me mad.  Then when I do try to discipline her in public I got people threatening to call CPS because I spanked her or made her ride in the cart like a baby (since she was acting like a baby) because it's humiliating her and that's abuse.  I can't win.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:35 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Twin.. I agree.. but I've known people that are amazing parents.. & their kids end up in prison.. And then terrible, alcoholic, drug addict parents--their kids go to college..
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i've seen moms who try to be good moms and the real problem is they are not strict enough..they are just "too nice"..they are push over moms. I wait tables and see this on a daily basis..."sit down honey, sit down, please sit down"..come on? how many times are you going to ask a child nicely. parents need enforcement.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree, ohwrite.
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Kids have to have something to rebel from to be rebellious. If you accept your child the way they are and love them for who they are then they have nothing to rebel from. This doesn't mean you can't instill values and morals, children learn from example. You can be part of your childs life without being a dictator.

And... most "amazing" parents with horrible children are not "amazing" parents when the doors are closed.

Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:17 AM on Oct. 12, 2010