Help!! my 1 year old....skin issues

My kids stayed with their grandparents for the night...when they came back they were so tired they fell asleep at 630. My son woke up the next day with what look liked pimples on him but only a few. I thought it was because we fell asleep on the couch and he was sweaty and hot. Last night I gave him a bath and used the same soap i always have and this morning he woke up with a few more.

Could he be allergic to the laundry soap or something?? I got a different one because he has never had any problems with what soap i use or anything.

I'm really worried because I have no idea what to do. he gets a regular bath and is always clean. Always wears clean clothes and his sheets get changed a few times a week.

Smiley001

Asked by Smiley001 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wait a few days and see if it clears up. It was probably something at grandma's. I wouldn't worry.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:38 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• It could be just a skin irritation that will go away on its on. Unless he's covered with it or complains about pain/itching....I wouldn't worry too much about it. You could always put some lotion on it to see if it helps.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:39 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• It could be ant bites....they resemble pimples....but honestly, unless he gets a lot of them, it doesn't sound like something you should worry about, they will most likely resolve on their own...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Is it just pimples or is their red around it? my 3 yr old ds had a heat rash most of the summer, it would go away then come back somewhere else. He mostly had it under his arms and in the groan area. The rash only lasted 4 days at the most. I just wore underpants on him in the house and put baby powder on the rash. Also bathed him in luke warm water everyday.
    sunshine7902000

Answer by sunshine7902000 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• There is a little red around them
    Smiley001

Comment by Smiley001 (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My ds sweats alot and that's how I knew it was heat rash, plus I looked it up on google. The baby powder i found helped alot. If it last longer than 3-4 days or gets really sore you might want to have it looked at by a doctor (imo) Could it Be the chicken pox?
    sunshine7902000

Answer by sunshine7902000 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Sounds like chicken pox to me.
    grammamamma

Answer by grammamamma at 4:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2010