Is this a lot to be involved in for a SAHM?

On the first Tuesday of the month I co-lead pregnancy and birth support meetings (which means about 3 hours of preparation during the month, plus 2 1/2 hours of the meeting).

On the second Monday of the month I attend La Leche League meetings.

Every other Monday I attend a play group.

Every Tuesday I have a midwifery study group.

And once a month I meet up with the other doulas in my area for our non-profit organization called W.O.M.B.S. (Women Offering Mothers Birth Support).

Soon I will also be taking bellydancing lessons.

Is that a lot for a SAHM? How many activities do you other SAHMs take on? My husband says I'm a busy bee, but I feel like a lazy jerk lol.

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it's a good amount of stuff to be involved in! Wish I did more like that. It's probably good for you and the kids :) Go you!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 10:40 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If you have the energy for all that and enjoy then who cares.

I'm a SAHM and I'm not involved in anything and don't want to me.  It doesn't interest me.  I spend my days cleaning the house, dealing with the 2 kids I still have at home (4 and 3 months) and knit, read, write, etc.  That's what I enjoy doing.  I'm not a social person, I don't like being around other people so I prefer to be at home by myself.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:43 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If you enjoy it, then that's great. I wish I had that kind of drive and motivation.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• It's only too much if your marriage is suffering for it, but doens't sound like it to me. Sounds good
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:38 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Honestly, only you can know the answer to that question. If you enjoy all your activities and don't feel overwhelmed, then keep it up! It's healthy to be involved in activities that spark your interest!
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 10:55 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I feel fine about all my activities... the kids attend most of them with me, so that's nice, and the ones I take just the baby with me to are a nice break. I just wondered if I sounded *busy* to you guys. I feel like I sit around at home a lot on the days I don't have anything going on lol. My husband is thrilled that I do all this because it keeps me from nagging him about being on the computer too much lol.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• oh I envy how busy you are as a SAHM! I'd love to do that. Most days...we stay home! When I have a working car we try to do one play group a week though.
    mommareynolds09

Answer by mommareynolds09 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2010