Have any of you.. pooped on the delivery table?

My husband is a butthole... He read in a baby magazine about a woman who had a bowel movement while she was pushing out her baby. And now he has me convinced I'M going to poop too!!! (He thinks the whole thing is funny, I hope HE faints!!! lol) Please tell me there are others that have pooed while having a baby!!!

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 2:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It is very common and my brother tells a story about his wife having their DD and waiting until the doc was at point blank range in her coochie and she farted...he embilishes the story saying things like the doc's hair blew and the curtains...you had to be there...but sooooo funny!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I's very very common. Tell him to shut it, you can't help yourself. Besides, trust me, at that time pooping will be the last thing on your mind.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 2:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I agree with Mamapotter! I didn't poop, but I sure felt like I was going to! Lol! But even if you do, the Dr's have seen it before and they aren't phased by it. And if your hubby keeps it up tell him to push out a kidney stone and try not to cry while doing it. Lol!
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 3:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• not a big deal,the staff would heve seen it all before.its common,but not all moms do it.if you are that concerned ask for an enema before active labour.
    2ndtimemom605

Answer by 2ndtimemom605 at 3:42 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I have no idea if I did or not...I dared anyone to tell me about it if I did! My best friend did though...her hubby still picks on her to this day about it. Trust me...when you're pushing and trying to get that baby out, pooping on the table will be the last thing you're worried about!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 4:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Okay so when I got to the hospital to have my baby I was realllllly worried about pooping, so I went and tried and tried to go to the bathroom but couldn't... and then just as I felt the urge my contractions were getting way worse, and the Dr. came and broke my water and my contractions got WAY worse immediately after that, to where I was in too much pain to get up and go poop! So I got the epidural and of course after you have that you can't get up out of bed at all... in fact I couldn't even feel the urge anymore..
    TinaNichole

Answer by TinaNichole at 5:48 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• ...continued..
    so I kept telling my boyfriend I'm definitely going to poop while delivering. I was so worried about it that I actually kept thinking about it during labor, trying to hold it in, lol and it turns out that I DIDN'T poop and I don't know how the heck I didn't because I had to go soo bad lol but I ended up going a couple hours after the epi wore off, which was nice because they want you to go to the bathroom before you get discharged.
    TinaNichole

• Just keep him away from the business end. I'm actually not sure if I did or not, but I'm thinking with all that pressure I had to have had. Giving birth mimics taking the biggest shit ever...the effort and the muscles you use is pretty much the same...and you can't tell me that if you're pushing a 6-8lbs baby out of your vag, a 3oz turd isn't going to find its way out.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• laughing This is tooooo funny of a question! I can't answer, I had 2 c-sections.

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:28 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yes i also heard it is very common, and Im sure hell be too busy with you at the top to even notice whats going on. I was very nervous about this when i was going to have my daughter, but they dont even make a big deal about it or anything, they are constantly changing the pad thingy below you so you never even know. I didnt know until i asked my fiance. But dont let yourself worry about it, I was still concerned about it when I was trying to push and ended up making my labor longer than it had to be! So you definatley dont want to do that! lol
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2008