what do you do with your 3 month old?

when your 3 month old is not sleeping or eating, what do you do with him or her? I'm having a lot of trouble with my fussy 3 mo old who never seems to be content. I think he might be bored while he's awake but I just don't know what to do to keep him happy and not crying?

walkintherain

Asked by walkintherain at 11:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you sure it's just him being fussy and bored? Has he been tested for Colic?
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Wear him in a wrap while you do what you have to do. Read to him, sing to him, carry on one sided conversations where you pause for him to talk...all of that will occupy and teach at the same time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:38 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• sounds silly but i turn on music and hold her in a cradle position and dance like no one is watching! she drinks off to sleep every time!
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 11:41 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i put caroline in her bouncer seat and we played and talked and she LOVES to watch the show friends! lol she is 7 months old and i tape friends for her now and i play it on tv while she plays so i can get some things done around the house. im trying to switch her to cartoons but she doesnt care for them! try watching tv or a movie with lots of color.
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I always sat my daughter in her bouncer or her swing and she was totally happy. She was always easily entertained. lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Talk to her face to face.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• When mine were that age, I held them when they were awake....or laid them on my bed and interacted with them...singing, playing, etc....I also had a baby carrier and wore them a lot....nursing them when they are fussy is good, too,.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• A JUMPEROO!! I sware by the thing! Every mother should have one for babies starting at about 3 months old! All 3 of my kids love the jumperoo! My 4 month old is totally happy sitting in it for atleast an hour or untill she jumps herself to sleep. They are a Godsend!
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 12:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I put her in a sling or wrap and got on with business. Babies find manual labor endless fun. It also allows them free movement, exercises their neck and core muscles. Your movements are also calming and help develop baby's sense of balance. You can even turn a bed sheet into a no-sew sling. A baby, especially a non-sitter, should not be in a jumperoo for an hour, it puts a lot of pressure on the crotch and hips. A few minutes isn't harmful, but other than that avoid baby containers.

Frog_Flex_When_Carrying_baby_not_Crotch_Dangle

Babywearing_Styles

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I don't do much.  We play a bit (doing bicycle with his legs, patty cake, making faces at him) but most of the time he just lays on his blanket in the living room watching every one.  I have a 4yo at home all day, too, and she likes to mess with him so that entertains him for awhile.  He's usually pretty content to just lie there.  The only time he fusses is after his bottle and before bed and then he just wants ME to hold him.  Last night he started up at 9:45pm so I picked him up.  I tried to put him down at 10pm to make popcorn and he freaked as soon as I set him down.  Sigh.  I held him until my husband came home at 10:30pm.

Right now he's in the other room watching Dora with his big sister, lol.  He doesn't have any toys or stuff like that.  All he has his bed, carseat and stroller.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010