Lunch and Dinner

My sister in law is a SAHM, just as I am. Her husband works around the corner and comes home each day for lunch.

She cooks a BIG lunch and whatever they have for lunch that day is usually what they have for dinner that night.

To me, I wouldn't want to eat the same thing for lunch as I did for dinner in the same day.

My husband and I are stay at home parents as well, our lunches consist of something small, sandwiches, hotdogs, microwaved stuff. Dinner is reserved for beans, pork chops, etc.

How do you handle your lunch and dinner menu?

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I usually make a bigger dinner and use the leftovers for lunch the next day.. or we just have sandwhiches. my son is a pb&j-aholic
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:50 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• eat whatever youhave and be thankkful God even gave you anything to eat.
    pinalove

Answer by pinalove at 11:53 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I do both. It depends on what we have. I have an in-home daycare so sometimes what I make for lunch is what we have for dinner and vice versa. If it is something that takes a while to make I make it in the evening for dinner and then warm it up for lunch. If it is a quick meal I will make it for lunch and warm it up for dinner.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:55 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'm a SAHM with a 6 year old who's home for lunch every day. We eat like you do, and then dinner is something bigger when my 9 year old is home with us.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My husband works about 45 minutes away from our house, so he either takes lunch with him or gets something while at work. It's too far for him to come. So my daughter and I usually eat sandwiches, frozen dinners or hot dogs. Dinner is always a big meal, like tilapia, mixed vegetables and rice or grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and sweet peas. I don't have any issues eating the same thing for lunch and dinner though. As long as it's good, I don't care. lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Lunches are leftovers, soup, sandwiches, kind of whatever who's home wants (most school days it's just me & 3yo DS). Even when the whole family is here at lunchtime it's the same thing - unless we don't have much for leftovers and don't have sandwich fixings - then I'll make a quick hotdish, or pancakes or something. Suppers are typically our bigger meal, Sunday is the exception to that "rule".
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• We often have big dinner meals with enough left overfor lunch either the next day or the day after, but not the same day. But whatever floats your boat.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2010