Full/Thick hair to thinner hair

I've always had extremely THICK hair and lately it's been FALLING out when I take a shower. I literally pull it out by the handfulls. When I brush my hair I have to empty the brush at least twice. This has caused my hair to become so thin.

I have always hated the thick hair anyways and wanted thinner hair, but I'm ready for it to stop.

What kind of vitamins can I take to make it stop?

I've been taking Skin Hair and Nail vitamins by Natrol, but it doesn't seem to work.

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• It's from the baby then. Do not worry, this is normal. But it still sucks. Take vitamins, but it has to work itself out. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• those vitamins are a rip of...any plain regular multivitamin containing vitamin a,e,c, and b 12 will work and most vitamins have all three
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Have you been dying your hair or doing anything damaging? I know hair dye, especially the at home kind can slowly damage your hair and cause it to break off. By a hair product that will restore protein to the hair. I know those vitamin stores have "beauty pills" that are supposed to be great for your hair, nails and skin. You might want to try those too.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:53 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Did you recently have a baby? My hair broke off like crazy up until my daughter was 18 months old. It was terrible, but when it stopped it came back better than ever!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes, I had a baby May 1st. The whole pregnancy I glowed. No hair loss, great nails, skin was amazing. Baby comes and hair falls out, nails break, but skin is still nice. The hair thing is just driving me insane. My husband is tired of seeing hair. lol
    AtHomeMommy-3

Comment by AtHomeMommy-3 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I had beautiful thick hair until my 2nd son was born and for some reason I lost quite a bit. Good thing I had so much to spare! Then a few years ago I had some health issues which caused a lot of stress and being injected with the " glow in the dark" pate they use to look inside you, a LOT! That caused more of it to fall out. But such is life! Are you trying to lose weight since having the baby? Because believe it or not we need a certain amount of fats and protein to keep our hair healthy. Even your thryroid might be out of whack.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010