Annoyed by this woman

A woman I know ( I just married her cousin) is annoying to me. I am not jealous of her, but at the type of luck I guess she has. She is one of those women who always seem to get all the attention wherever she goes & i am starting to think it is on purpose ( like at our casual wedding her and her 2 small kids show up more dressed up than the wedding party and she fixed her hair in what looks like a wedding updo ( why else would you do that at a casual wedding)?

2 years ago she was pregnant with her 2nd baby with her abusive husband she tried to leave him and couldnt because he threatened her and then he died ( which sounds bad, but really it is better than trying to divorce him) , right after he died she won the lottery ( I think it was like 7 million), she then met a great looking guy who treats her and the kids great and they are getting married in Hawaii. Really who has a life like that ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• When you start out saying "I'm not jealous" it implies that you are... just sayin.

and, after having been in an extremely abusive relationship, I couldn't be anything but happy for her!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Some people just have better luck than others. I try not to envy others and just be happy with what I have. I don't need seven million dollars to satisfy me.

It was very wrong of her to dress up more than everyone else at your wedding though. That was rather rude. The wedding is supposed to be about you and the groom, not her. Some people just crave attention and if they don't get it, it drives them insane.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I am also annoyed by her, and I don't even know her!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:58 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Her being more dressed up and the hair-dos for the wedding...... maybe she just didn't know how to do 'casual' for a wedding. Personally, I would either have been under-dressed or overdressed.
    Laurenmommy918

Answer by Laurenmommy918 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• So, if I'm understanding correctly, you're not jealous of her, you're jealous that she has good luck? I guess I can understand being jealous of winning the lottery, who wouldn't want to win the lottery, but it seems like she's had her own problems in life, maybe she deserves a little luck and to get a break. To be honest, it seems like a petty issue.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• jealous anyone? get over her.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Sounds like you ARE jealous....Believe me, the grass always looks greener, and it sounds like she does these things because she has low self-esteem and is attempting to make herself feel better....the lottery? well, that is luck, but money doesn't make a person happier....if she handles it right, it can make her life easier, though....As for you, just live your life, working on your own issues, don't pay so much attention to others and realize the best you can that they, like you, are doing the best they can...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Be content and happy in your own life and she won't bother you. She was in an abusive relationship and things turned around for her. If you've never been abused then you can't understand just how horrible her "luck" was at that point. Be happy for her, and be happy with yourself and your life.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think she is probably trying to make up for the bad things in her past. Apparently, that included trying to show you up at your own wedding. She was in an abusive relationship and those are horrible, I was in one, but that did not inspire me to try to go out of my way to get attention or make others feel bad. I was just thrilled to be out of it and alive to go on with my life. Some people think they are owed forever if something bad happens to them. My advice would be to let it go. In my experience people who need attention that badly are the ones secretly jealous and lacking in their life.
    Anonymous

• Are you sure there isn't a little bit of jealousy & resentment on your part?And just because you may be jealous does not mean you are a bad person.It means you are human hun.Just be happy for her and do your best to let the rest go.I hope everything goes well for you!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2010