when should you take a baby out of her crib

1lilangel0618

Asked by 1lilangel0618 at 2:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think that children give indicators when they are ready, for me my son at 18months was over his crib and refused to sleep in it. I found that he'd fall asleep on my bed , on the couch on the floor etc without any problem but the moment I picked him up and laid him in his crib he'd wake up and scream and then fall asleep on the floor. If you feel that you're little one is ready for a toddler bed then go for it, find one that is low to the ground and if you're still not comfortable pad the ground with blankets or pillows.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 2:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I took my girls out when they could climb out of it. My first was 18 mon or so. My second was 23mon.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:29 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• my son has been in a toddler bed since he was 11 months old. Best decision we ever made, granted at that age it isn't for everyone, but it sure worked for us
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Damn Married2thebest, wtg. I would have been to scared to try that with mine lol. But anyway, if your child is trying to climb out or is then it's time.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 7:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• We just took my daughter out a couple of weeks ago. She's 2. She refused to sleep w/t the crib rails for about 3 nights. Now she doesn't mind.
    alaskaice

Answer by alaskaice at 10:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2008