Back to work...kids to sitters house...

After a year out of work I am going back to work tomorrow. I have always worked nights and my husband was always home to watch the girls. Now I got my dream job during the day and I have a sitter watching the girls. I have never left them with anyone except for family and I know I am going to be a nervous wreck leaving them with someone new even though she is a freind. They are in school half the day for my oldest and my youngest goes 2 days a week. I am not sure what I should pack for the sitter since they are going to be at her house. I have a list of all the emergency contacts and all but I am not sure if I should pack changes of clothes and if so how many? Should I pack food? I am just worried since this is my fist time. I could use some help and ease with this transition. Thanks!

mommyjones

Asked by mommyjones at 11:58 AM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ask the sitter if she will provide lunch/dinner for the kids or if she would prefer you to pack food for the day. Bring an extra change of clothes, maybe play clothes and something else incase they want to go out (or if she gets dirty) and bring toys for them to play with and coloring books! Maybe ask if you can bring a tote full of their favorite toys if they are going to be there daily. That way you will not have to always bring things back and forth...
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Call and ask her what they need. It can't hurt to have a change of clothes. Does she have other kids there? They will probably have a great time! Don't worry, this is much harder on you than them!! Good luck to you!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Any special snacks, change of clothes, insurance cards in case she has to take them to the hospital.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would pack special snacks and a change of clothes each.
    She shouldn't need insurance cards so long as she is able to get a hold of you incase of an emergency. You can file the necessary paper work if you need to when you get there.

Maybe a few extra toys as well.

Also don't be afraid to ask her what you think you should bring either. :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010