Marriage after dating for 6 weeks!??!

So my friend has meet someone 6 weeks ago and has decided to marry him! Let me give a little brief background on her. Married once, got divorced while pregnant, been divorced about 3 months, has a 4 month old. This is her 3rd relationship since she has been divorced.
I told her my opinion on the situations and she just accused me of being negative, and just wants to know why can't I support her.
Please help me on giving her some advice. And your opinions on this situation.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Personally I find that crazy!! How can you know someone, and want to spend the rest of your life with them in 6 WEEKS??
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Well i would justtell her how you feel but support her. If she feels that she's in love & wants to get married then let her. I know a couple that got married on there first blind date & had kids from a different marriage & they've been together for 22 yrs. Sometimes it works out & sometimes it doesn't no will know.
    Chelsdavis

Answer by Chelsdavis at 12:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My only advice is ..... ummmm.... well I don't have any....She really needs to slow down. Could it possibly be that she is afraid to raise her child alone and is just settling for the first man who can afford it? IDK just sayin....
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 12:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I guess she'll either have a nice long marriage or a quick divorce.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• she is going to do what she wants.... i dont see the big deal, if she is in love let her do it.... she is already divorced once, not that much different if she is a 2nd or 3rd time ( in my opinion) ... if you keep pushing her she will just get mad at you and then if it doesnt work out she will be embarrassed to come talk to you.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 12:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• 4 28 bbboy, could be. She was also going to get married to a man while she was pregnant going thru her divorce. I do want to support her its just really hard when I feel like its not a good situation.
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Honestly, she's not going to listen to you. If she's determined to do this, nothing you can say will change it. She sounds like the type of person who can't stand to be alone, so she goes for the first man who shows interest. You've told her how you felt about it, now the only thing you can do is let her decide what to do with it.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• There is no explaining about some people. My friend is the same. Not two months ago she was downing men and saying she did not want to be involved for a while then last month met a man and now is saying they are getting married so I know how you feel. Regardless to anything you say it won't matter to her. Only she can live her life. You said your peace
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If she was my friend,I'd be there for her no matter what.You never know.It just might work.But if it doesn't,be there for her when she will need you the most.That is what friends do.I hope it does work out for them both.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• yeah just be there for her be the great friend that you can be for her
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2010