SAHM's...

Being that you're a stay at home mom, do you take naps through the day?

If you do, does your child take one as well, or do you give them something to occupy themselves with while you nap?

Just curious...

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• The times I have taken naps, both of my twins were asleep, and my 4 y.o. was watching tv.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No and no...except the rare nap that occurs when I pass out on the couch because I'm 37 weeks pregnant.
    My son is almost 6, we homeschool, I am a junior in college (online), and I am just generally too busy for naps.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I don't take naps during the day. Taking a nap would make me feel terrible after I woke up from it and it would prevent me from falling asleep easily that night. My daughter does take naps during the day. They're never at the same time, but they're usually 1 to 2 hours long.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I *sometimes* get a nap when my daughter naps. Usually I use the time to do things that I can't with her underfoot, like home repair tasks.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I just became a SAHM after I had my daughter 7 weeks ago. I also have a two year old. I WISH they would nap at the same time so I could catch a few zzzzzz's since my newborn doesn't sleep well at night and I am super tired. But on a normal day no I wouldn't take a nap I would rather shower, clean, and catch up on stuff that babies won't let me do when awake. When it was just me and my son I didn't rest during his nap until I was around 9 months preggo. Which was shocking for me b/c I have NEVER been a good sleeper and can't nap unless I am sick. I would never fall alseep with my kids awake. I wouldn't even want to imagine the nightmare I would wake up to. LOL
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 12:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2010